Friday, November 3, 2006

Hallowe'enie

This year I carved a JACK-O-LANTERN for the first time in...I can't remember how many years! It was WICKED FUN!!!! Young Calvin helped scoop out all of the GUTS and we had a great, slimey, messy time. It made me happy to start what will become a Hallowe'en tradition with my son. The jack-o-lantern was very old-school - you know, triangles for eyes and nose, and a big smiley mouth. (Maybe next year we'll go more SCAREY) Our jack-o-lantern wasn't one of those Martha-Stewart-carve-a-complex-festive-Hallowe'en-scene-on-a-pumpkin jack-o-lanterns. Ours is the REAL DEAL. TRAD!

Oh! And we even roasted up the pumpkin seeds. When was the last time you had fresh roasted pumpkin seeds? So simple. So good. Another new tradition for our little family.

It made me a little sad that we only got ONE trick or treater this year. ONE!!!! Anyone want any Hershey Bars, Milky Ways, or Nestles Crunchbars? Sorry, you can't have the Tootsie Pops - C6 is all about the "Yollypops" these days. Hence, my new grape drool accented hairdo.

No comments: