Tuesday, March 25, 2008

C6 in the kitchen

C6 and I are all about the cookies. Here's a shot of him assisting with the buttah for a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies. (The recipe on the lid of the Quaker Oats container has always been a fave.)

I wish I had a cool apron like C6's! I got it at Beansoup a couple of months ago and he's been getting a lot of use out of it. When I ordered the apron I inquired if I could have one made in my size and, alas, they could not, as they were all out of the cool retro dot pattern fabric. The person who answered my inquiry (Leigh) wrote that since they get a lot of requests like mine, they are offering the new fabric selections in sizes for kids and bigger people too. But no more cool retro dots. *sigh*

Today's cookin' with C6:

  • At breakfast time we made Strawberry/Banana/OJ smoothies (with waffles and yogurt)
  • For lunch, we made ham & cheese croissants. (We used refrigerated crescent roll dough.)
    Also on the lunch menu were edamame beans, cucumbers and carrots.
  • Dinner time, we prepared slices of kielbasa on teeny tiny pumpernickel bread with mustard. We served'em with mashed potatoes and peas.
We like to watch "Cooking With Luis" on Noggin. We haven't tried any of his recipes yet, but C6 gets inspired to get into the kitchen after we watch. I like how Luis says "this is the best evah" kinda deadpan. D'ya think someone told him that should be his catch phrase? Other popular Luis phrases: "it doesn't get any better than this", "it's that easy", "good food, good fwends". We luv Luis!

2 comments:

LEstes65 said...

That apron rocks. And it makes me think I should go get a bolt of cool fabric, pull out the old sewing machine and make me up some cool aprons.

Yah. That'll happen.

Scurvyann (Linda) said...

Do you sew then? I have my grandmother's old ( i mean OLD!) sewing machine, but it needs to be repaired. and i have to learn how to thread it. oh yeah, and then i have to learn how to sew. that's a lot of steps. but wouldn't it be cool to make stuff like that?