Monday, December 17, 2007

Scurvyann luvs Stiff Little Fingers! (um...I mean, the band)


A few weeks back, I saw Stiff Little Fingers at the Paradise. (A shoutout to me ol' Frigate mateys who guestlisted me: THANKS Darr Of The East and Jolly Roger!) Before the show there was a little shindig with SLF next door at T's pub that Darr had put together. I would call it a meet-n-greet but I really really dislike that phrase, so I won't call it that. Nope. I won't.

Every time SLF comes to town, a bunch of folks from the statehouse brings'em around and shows them a good time, y'know, playing tourguide. Here's a little article about one of the last times they came around. My pal Darr was part of the contingent.

In the pic above, that's me with Jake Burns and Steve Grantley. Steve's the drummer these days, and he regaled us with an amusing story about auditioning for the Clash and completely stinkin' up the place. The guy was a laff riot!

Wotta show! I was having so much FUN! Which is exACTly what I like to have. The guitar line in "Roots, Radicals, Rockers & Reggae" is one of my all time faves and boy, was I hollerin' along.

A bit into the show, I decided to strike out on my own, away from my pack of revelers. I ventured across the club to get a better look at bass player Ali McMordie - he's the original bassist. The last few times I've seen SLF, Bruce Foxton was on duty. And you know how I feel about him! Anyhoo, along the way across, SOMEHOW I managed to be on the outskirts of a skirmish and I got knocked to the floor. To my credit, I did not drop or spill my beer! TALENT. Unfortunately, my arsebone hurt like The Dickens for a few days. By the by, Ali was spectacularRrrR! Well worth the price of a blacknblue'd keister...and much much more!

Over the past few months I've seen some of my most favoritestest bands - Dropkick Murphys, Bad Religion and SLF. Heaps of inspiration - a good boot in the butt...(or, as it were, a floor on the butt...)

Scurvyann, over-n-out!
xoxo

ps: my bumpus on the rumpus is all better now, in case you were worrying. You worry too much! Stop it!

psssss: bumpus on the rumpus made me think of "dumpus all encompass".

No comments: