Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Sweet Smell of Christmas

The Sweet Smell of Christmas, by Patricia Scarry, illustrated by J. P. Miller.

Dudes. This was my FAVORITE Christmas book as a little'un. It is a scratch and sniff story about a little bear and his mom and pop at Christmastime, and all the great Christmas-y smells they encounter. I LOVED this book so much, the scratch and sniff labels were pretty much scratched all the way off.

Last Christmas I couldn't believe my eyes when I found it in a bookshop - I was so excited! I had been looking for it but I couldn't remember the title. ANyway, there it was! I snagged a copy for my li'l brother, because he loved it as much as I did.

C6 is loving it too. I think I may need to buy another copy because the scents aren't all that strong even though we are scratching the HECK out of those little stickers.

C6 has inherited my love for the combination of chocolate and orange. First, we scratch and sniff the hot cocoa, then quickly scratch and sniff the christmas orange.

Then we eat some Pepperidge Farm Orange Milanos.

Awwww yeaaaahhhhhh.

PS: Santa, if you're reading, I've been Extremely Very Good this year and if it isn't too much trouble, could you please leave a Chocolate Orange in my stocking? Cheers!

No comments: