Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bento update!

Hurrah! The cute Bento items I ordered arrived and we're really enjoying them. I didn't realize how small the Bento box that I ordered is - I've been using it for C6's snacks, or appetizers/sides/bits. The Hello Kitty cartoon character on the front of the box is "Shinkansen", the Japanese Bullet Train. Maybe he's the Japanese version of Thomas the Tank Engine. (Though we don't really know about him yet, shhhh. Don't tell C6! I tried watching that show and it was painfully boooooring! PAINFULLY!)

C6 is just crazy about the bear and bunny-shaped hard boiled eggs. He likes them with black pepper. No photos yet of the eggies (intact), but here's C6 enjoying some bueno Bento. This time it was avocado, blackberries, cheddar cheeeeez, and hard boiled egg slices. He gets very excited about opening it up to see what's inside! "My Bento box! My Bento box!"

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I too, have become bento-obsessed recently. They are just so darned cute. I did a little shopping at the nearest Daiso, as recommended by "Lunch in a Box" and am still curious to find other suppliers for my new habit. I'm so curious, where did you find yours?

Jackie
living.weelife.com

Scurvyann (Linda) said...

Hi Jackie! I've gotten a few things on ebay - from the sellers Tokyo Gift and Bento Obento I'm in the Boston area, and I heard there's a great Asian marketplace in Quincy, MA with loads of Bento stuff. Hoping to visit there soon and load up! Thanks for writing.

Scurvyann (Linda) said...

ps: I like Bento Obento because you pay less postage as they aren't in Japan!

Jackie said...

Thanks so much for the ebay tips! Can't wait to check it out. I really love your blog. It's so much fun! Thanks for sharing (oooooo, said like a true parent).
: )
Jackie
living.weelife.com