Sunday, October 7, 2007

Another delightful chicken dish

I was looking for a recipe for something delicious, interesting, and healthy that the three of us would all enjoy. I found this Chicken and Basil Stir Fry recipe and it fit the bill.

I made a couple of changes to the recipe. I didn't use Thai basil, regular ol' basil worked just FINE. And I didn't use as much garlic as the recipe called for - I only used 2 cloves. I used red, yellow, and green bell peppers to make it all purty-like. I served this over brown rice (or "tan rice" as C6 called it)...and THEY ATE IT! MmMmMmmMmm - it was gooooOOooOOood. Next time I will double the amount of liquids to make more sauce - cuz it'd be nice to have more flavor on the rice, knowwhatimean?

Delightful, I say!

3 comments:

alt-gramma said...

Great! I planted basil this spring and now I have tons and tons of it. I guess this is why pesto was invented.

Scurvyann (Linda) said...

I WISH I HAD TONS AND TONS OF BASIL!!!

I like to make li'l toothpicks of basil, 1/2 grape tomato and a bit of fresh mozzarella cheeeeeeez...

oh.
SO!
good.

Scurvyann (Linda) said...

...and of course pesto is yummilicious toooooooooooo!


...on them basil/tomato/mozzarella toot-picks, i drizzl a li'l olive oil and grind some black peppah over'em for maximum YUM.

maxiYUM!