Wednesday, January 3, 2007

kidstuff

Yesterday C6 and I saw a great new video from "Jack's Big Music Show" on the Noggin channel. It was Steve Burns (the guy who was Steve on "Blue's Clues") and Steve Drozd from The Flaming Lips doing a song called "I Hog The Ground". About Ground Hogs. And if you know me, you might know that I appreciate the Ground Hog. Anyway, the song had this recurring guitar riff that was AWESOME. C6 was totally air guitaring. And, thanks to the miracle of Comcast DVDR, we were able to rewind it and watch it again. And again. And again. And, well, y'know. I love Jack's Big Music Show, and I hear that Jon Stewart is going to be on an upcoming episode! The Noggin people are doing it right. Thanks, Noggin!

In related news...it seems that my beloved UPSIDE DOWN SHOW might be short lived. Shane and David, the stars of the show (also known as The Umbilical Brothers) are afraid of being stuck in the role of children' entertainers. NOOOOO!!!!! I took a look at some of their stuff on YouTube and the Upside Down is pretty much taken from their original act. Except the part where they take turns flippin' eachother the bird, most creatively. HAHRHh. I adore them so. I hope they'll reconsider doing the Upside Down Show - we really need this show!!!

No comments: