Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hip Young Parent: The Children's Music Alternative


I just saw this link on Cool Mom Picks. Its an online kids music station called Hip Young Parent: The Children's Music Alternative. (I'm not so wild over the name, but whatevah.)

DJ Amy Trulock has been spinnin' vinyl since she was only 3! Her station streams kid-friendly AND adult-friendly music all day & night on internet radio network Live365. Just a really, really, great mix.

C6 and I sampled the station's offerings this morning and we were treated to some great music. Among our favorite tracks: Lois Prima's "Yes We Have No Bananas" and Ricky Nelson's "You Are My Sunshine". We also heard a song called "Lets Play Hide and Seek" by a group called These Guys Are Crazy - twas a fun rocker. We were singing along to Ben Kweller's "Sha Sha". But the BIG HIT with both of us was MELLOW YELLOW by Donovan. I had forgotten how much I love that one! Quite rightly.

Have a listen. It is GOOD.

No comments: