Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Zoom!

Man, did I love Zoom. What, ain't ya in the know? It was a Boston-area kids show on PBS during the 1970's. They did a new Zoom a few years ago - I dunno, maybe it is still on? But I'm talkin' OLD SCHOOL ZOOM. I might even still have one of the "Zoom recipe" or "Zoom Do" cards I sent a S.A.S.E. for, back in the day!

Of course there are a few vintage Zoom pieces on YouTube. The songs are branded into my brain. I can't believe how much of this stuff I remember. (And I can't remember my phone number!) Here is the first episode (in 4 parts). The Zoom Play Of The Week is brilliant! Joe is the star. (He is so Tim Burton!) I totally remember that particular "Zoom Rap" and "The Cat Came Back". Great stuff. I still like it!









...and if you remember the original Zoom, you MUST remember Bernadette. We were considering "I'm Bernadette' for a band name years ago. HAHRHAHR!! Well, here she is:

No comments: