Sunday, May 20, 2007

Like Mummio, like son...

Here's a little bit of C6 singing a mashup. He starts out with "Trot Trot to Boston" then quickly morphs to "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and then does a little freestylin' - a little bit about One Little Guy On The Vitamin Box. Then he just wings it with some doo doos and dee dees. And he winds it down nicely. This is exactly how I operate when it comes to remembering the words to songs. Which is why I mostly play bass and shut me piehole.


powered by ODEO

ADDENDUM:
It dawned on me that "Trot, Trot to Boston" is kind of a regional nursery rhyme and you might not know what the heck I'm talking about. As I learned it, you put the kiddo on your lap and chant as you bounce the kid in a gallop:

"Trot, Trot to Boston. Trot trot to Lynn. Careful when you get there - you might fall iiiiin!" and on the word "IN" you open yer knees and hold the kid down as if he were falling in. But he doesn't actually fall, cuz you are holding ON to him, y'see.

It seems there are a few versions of the words to this - I just found:
"Trot trot to Boston, Trot trot to Lynn. Trot trot to Salem. Home again." which doesn't seem as fun - I mean, does the kid get to fall iiiiiiin?

Then: "Trot, trot to Boston. Trot, trot to Lynn. Trot, trot over the water, We all fall in." That works fine!

And: "Trot trot to Boston. Trot, trot to Lynn. Watch out (kiddo's name), Or you'll fall in." Splendid.

The key part is falling IIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN!!!! Try it at home!

No comments: