Thursday, September 20, 2007

An easy chicken recipe we love

Here is a chicken dish that sees a lot of table time here at our house. C5 and C6 LOVE'em! I call'em "herby chicken parm tenders", but the official recipe is called "Parmigiano and Herb Chicken Breast Tenders" - from the Food Network show 30 Minute Meals. I don't always use all the fresh herbs but I always make sure to include fresh rosemary - I think the rosemary makes this dish. I've made the sauce to accompany the chicken too, and though it is quite nice, often, we opt for a nice jar of Prego. (Don't mock me.) Add some pasta and salad...and don't forget the GARLIC BREAD...and a nice glass of Valpolicella for mummio and daddio...and Mmmmm, mmmmm. Mangia mangia!

They're good cold, too. I packed some up (without the sauce) for our last long car trip. We dipped'em in applesauce! It was "road food" and C6 was a real road warrior! This past roadtrip, we even managed to eat carrots and some yogurt too - a real success in the healthy eatin' on the road department - not always the case!

(Aside: "Prego" was one of my terms for pregnant back in the old days - "BC6" - Before C6.)

No comments: